An individual who can show that they meet the conditions listed below, after making application for apprenticeship, will be afforded an interview by the JATC. If interviewed, the applicant will be listed among those applicants qualified for selection, for a period of two calendar years from the date of interview.
to be interviewed the applicant must:
a. Complete an application form, accurately responding to all questions and items including statements indicating that they are:
1. physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.
2. able to get to and from work at job sites anywhere within the geographical area that this apprenticeship program covers.
3. able and willing to attend all related classroom training as required to complete their apprenticeship.
4. able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles and towers of various heights.
5. able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces.
6. able to read, hear and understand instructions and warning
b. Meet the minimum age requirement of 18 at the time of application (must provide evidence of minimum age as required by the JATC, in accordance with State laws and regulations).
c. Be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or in lieu of a high school diploma or GED, have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
d. Show evidence of successful completion of: one full credit of high school algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school algebra course (e.g. Adult Education, Continuing Education, Community College, etc.) with a passing grade, or provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC Online Tech Math Course. http://www.njatc.utk.edu/?
e. Provide an official transcript(s) for high school and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable. (Note: schools shall be requested to obliterate reference to date of birth, years of attendance, graduation date, age, race and sex, if required by State law or regulation.)
f. Obtain a minimum score on the electrical industry's aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
g. Possess a valid Driver's License.
h. Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if they are a veteran.
All selected applicants (including direct entry) must provide the documentation specified to complete their application. Regardless of how one qualifies for apprenticeship, following selection, but prior to registration, ALL individuals being offered an apprenticeship will qualify on:
1. A physical examination conducted by a licensed physician, chosen by the JATC, in order to determine if the selected applicant is capable of performing essential functions of the occupation, with or without reasonable accommodations being made. Cost of the exam is borne by the JATC.
2. A drug-screen test. Cost of the test is borne by the JATC. The JATC’s Drug Policy is part of its official Rules and Policies. Applicants will be notified that such a policy exists and given an opportunity to review it.
Page Last Updated: Feb 44, 2019 (10:25:17)